Philadelphia Preservation Alliance announces the recipients of the 2014 Preservation Achievement Grand Jury Awards

Domus to Receive Two Grand Jury Awards

Nugent Senior Housing is located on West Johnson Street in Philadelphia and was constructed in 1896 in order to provide care for the elderly Baptist Ministers and their wives.     It was built by philanthropist George Nugent in 1896 and was designed by J. Franklin Stuckert in the Chateauesque-style. For more than ten years the building sat vacant and in dire need of repairs.   The building was acquired by Nolen Properties in 2006 the same year it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Ambler Boiler House; Located in Ambler, PA and long sitting empty, the shell renovations and tenant fit out work of the Ambler Boiler House is now completed.  The building abandoned since the mid 1970’s housed the Keasbey and Mattison Boiler House and had become an eyesore of Ambler’s once prosperous industrial past.    Ambler BH Development Partners, L.P. was formed for the purpose of redeveloping the boiler house with the idea to take the crumbling structure and incorporate an adaptive reuse design of the building

 

 

>